Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Anderson Silva Threatens Chael Sonnen Ahead Of UFC 148


Las Vegas, Nevada – Reigning UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva is usually one of the most respectful and sportsmanlike mixed martial artists on the Ultimate Fighting Championship® roster. However, on today’s media conference call to promote what UFC President Dana White said is one of the biggest sporting events of the year – the July 7 UFC 148 main event against bitter rival Chael Sonnen – ‘the Spider’ sounded off like never before.



Irate at two years of taunting from Sonnen, Silva took the opportunity to sound a warning to the man who came within two minutes of taking his title in August 2010.



“I’m going to break his face and every tooth in his mouth,” Silva said through his interpreter and manager Ed Soares. “I know he’s on the call listening to this and playtime is over. There’s no more talking from him. I’m going to beat him out of the UFC. I’m going to make him pay for everything he’s said about me, my family and my country. I’m going to beat him maybe like his parents should have to teach him some manners. I’ll teach him those manners myself.



“No more sh** talking from him. Chael Sonnen’s going to get his ass kicked like he’s never gotten his ass kicked before. What I’m going to do inside the Octagon is something that’s going to change the image of the sport, I’m sorry. I’m going to beat his ass like he’s never been beaten before. This is going to be violent and I am sorry. I’m going to make sure that every one of his teeth are broken, that his arms are broken and his legs are broken. He’s not going to be able to walk out of the Octagon by himself. I can guarantee that. He will need a plastic surgeon afterwards.”



Sonnen was disconnected from the call but later said: “People can’t understand why I’m not getting caught up on the hype of Anderson Silva, but he can’t take the magazine covers and press stories into the Octagon with him. He’s just a man with two arms, two legs – and I’m going to beat him on July 7 because I want it more than he does.



“I don’t need anything in my life – but I have to have that belt. Everything I’ve done, everything I’ve worked for and sacrificed – everything I have in life – I would give it all away to be the UFC champion for just one night.”



UFC President Dana White said: “I’ve promoted every Anderson Silva fight since he’s been in the UFC in 2006, and I’ve never heard him talk even remotely like this. He is usually so respectful and doesn’t say anything negative or disrespectful. I’ve never heard Anderson talk like this once – and I’ve never heard Chael be so sincere about how bad he wants to win this fight and what it means to him to be the UFC world champion.”



UFC® 148: SILVA vs. SONNEN 2 will be available live on Pay-Per-View at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT on UFC.TV, iN DEMAND, DirecTV, DISH Network, Avail-TVN, and in Canada on BellTV, Shaw Communications, Sasktel, and Viewer’s Choice Canada for a suggested retail price of $44.99 US/$49.99 CAN for Standard Definition and $54.99 US/$59.99 CAN for High Definition.



For more information or current fight news, visit www.ufc.com. All bouts live and subject to change.



About the Ultimate Fighting Championship®

 Universally recognized for its action-packed, can’t-miss events that have sold out some of the biggest arenas and stadiums across the globe, the UFC® is the world’s premier mixed martial arts (MMA) organization. Owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, headquartered in Las Vegas and with offices in London, Toronto and Beijing, UFC produces more than 30 live events annually and is the largest Pay-Per-View event provider in the world. In 2011, the UFC burst into the mainstream with a landmark seven-year broadcast agreement with FOX Sports Media Group. The agreement includes four live events broadcast on the FOX network annually, with additional fight cards and thousands of hours of programming broadcast on FOX properties FX and FUEL TV. This also includes the longest-running sports reality show on television, The Ultimate Fighter®, which now airs on FX.



In addition to its reach on FOX, UFC programming is broadcast in over 149 countries and territories, to nearly one billion homes worldwide, in 20 different languages. UFC content is also distributed commercially in the United States to bars and restaurants through Joe Hand Promotions, in English throughout Canada via Premium Sports Broadcasting Inc. and in French throughout Quebec via Interbox. The UFC also connects with tens of millions of fans through its website, UFC.com, as well as social media sites Facebook and Twitter. UFC President Dana White is considered one of the most accessible and followed executives in sports, with over two million followers on Twitter. Ancillary UFC businesses include best-selling DVDs, an internationally distributed magazine, UFC.TV offering live event broadcasts and video on demand around the world, the best-selling UFC Undisputed® video game franchise distributed by THQ, UFC GYM®, UFC Fight Club affinity program, UFC Fan Expo® festivals, branded apparel and trading cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment