Saturday, May 19, 2012

Lavar Johnson Steps In Against Stefan Struve At UFC 146


The UFC 146 heavyweight bout between Stefan Struve and Mark Hunt -- which had been the only main card fight untouched by the shakeups caused by Alistair Overeem's withdrawal from the event -- has now gone the way of the others with Mark Hunt suffering an injury just nine days out. Stepping in to his spot to fight "The Skyscraper" is Lavar "Big" Johnson, who's coming off of two knockout of the night performances in 2012.



“I heard last night there was a chance I could get this fight and I accepted right away," said Johnson. "You don’t get chances like this too much in life, so when you are lucky, you make the most of it. I took one week off after last fight [May 5] and then went back to the gym."



"“He’s looked impressive in his first two fights in the Octagon, but I’m gonna look even more impressive next week," said Struve. "I want to thank him for stepping up on such short notice, but he’s gonna face the best Stefan Struve you’ve seen so far.”

No comments:

Post a Comment