Thursday, August 16, 2012

Exclusive Interview with Justin "Raw Deal" Baesman

Justin “ Raw Deal” Baesman
Sits down with MMA-KO’S Brill “The Thrill”

Justin.
Welcome back to Mma-ko . Its been a little while since we last talked.
Man you are on a roll right now!

MMA-KO: How is everything going right now?
Raw Deal: Thank you guys for having me back on , in person ,over the phone , either way it's just good to stay in contact with you guys. IT's always a good thing .... & I've been OK , hopefully I can stay on my roll !!!  I train train train world & loving my daughters ..That's my life . So I can't complain.

MMA-KO: You have defeated Max Griffin and Jaime Jara. What is one fight you really want?
Raw Deal: .The one fight I would like to have( again ) ... of course- is to avenge my one and only other loss, then I can feel my record is getting better at least in my eyes.

MMA-KO: You are regarded as the top 170 lb fighter in Sacramento and #2 on the pound for pound list. What does this mean to Raw Deal?
Raw Deal: IT's a blessing to be able to say I'm ranked #2 pound for pound and it's all an honor really ,I'm thank full to be doing OK in the fight game , just trying to make it to the top !

MMA-KO: Would you rematch Max Griffin even though he felt he clearly won?
Raw Deal: I would respect any ones rematch when it comes down to it , honestly it was a close fight/one judge was off ,a little , but the others seen it my way ,as well (No draw , )I've been to the judges three other times , in my pro career, but you always know in your heart if you won or not.

MMA-KO: What words were exchange at the end of the first round between you and Griffin?
Raw Deal: After the first round in the griffin fight , I asked him; where is the love? And I was a little upset , ( He said " After the fight" , which was respectful .. Max is cool
But I'm very respectful & most fighters are , that's one thing I love about the sport , humble fighters good people it's a great sport to be in.

MMA-KO: When you fought Jaime for the second time. What went through your mind that night before the fight?
Raw Deal: The night before the Jara fight I had a interview. In that room I felt this overwhelming feeling of pressure , I gave my belt up to fight Jara. I lost to him a year before . I lost at KOTC before , I had nothing lined up for after the fight. I'm sure my manager Riley Prisock did , & the name of the event was (ALL IN ). --And I was! I trained hard for that fight and I learned a lot from my first loss against Jara , So thank you Jaime Jara .

MMA-KO: You broke Jaime’s arm in the second fight . Did you know that it happened during the fight?
Raw Deal:  Durning my fight against Jara part 2 . I had to be told after the fight that his arm was broken from blocking a head kick.  I never even knew !!  Jaime Jara is a iron ninja and one of the craftiest fighters in the world .

MMA-KO: Tell us what a day is like for Justin Baesman.
Raw Deal: My day consist of training,Two or three times a day , playing with my daughters , doing everything I can with them . They motivate me to the fullest & I work at a army base full time. I'm
Also coaching a MMA class three times a week in the mornings out of IRON HORSE GYM....

MMA-KO: Where do you see yourself in 2013?
Raw Deal: In 2013 I see myself fighting even harder to the top , that's my goal , I tell people all the time if I don't make it to the UFC next year I never will , don't get me wrong I'm very optimistic .I just know the time is now & I'm hungry so I'm giving it everything I have.

MMA-KO: Justin it is always a pleasure to bring you on here. Take your time to thank everyone you would like to thank!
Raw Deal: I just want to thank you guys of course. It's always a pleasure I'm proud to have you guys on my shorts and on my banner and in my corner. I wanna thank
5150 & crew, Riley ,Leo, Vic.everyone . West Coast Nutrition , MMMAGOLD shout out to Dave , all my sponsors that help.
From banners to gear to interviews . I have so many people to thank , and I honestly can't thank you guys enough I appreciate all of you !!!

5 comments:

  1. Justin Baesman vs Lewis Gonzalez II

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. What do you think about Kito beating him pretty badly?
      Think Justin should hang up the gloves?

      Delete
  3. Gameness is the manufacturer of outstanding BJJ Gis or Jiu-Jitsu Gis, fightwear, and MMA Outfits and Equipment.

    Buy Your Product storm gi

    ReplyDelete